Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Power of Power Naps!


I've never been a big believer in power naps until yesterday. I always thought that power naps would just make your more sleepy, or not at all help you rejuvenate. WRONG!!

I discovered the power of power naps yesterday while attempting to read the oh, not-so-interesting novel, Huckleberry Finn. (sorry to all those fans out there.) It was 9 pm, you know, way past my bedtime, and I couldn't stop yawning. So I decided to take a 15 minute power nap. It's funny how deep of a slumber you can fall into for just 15 minutes. And when I woke up, voila! I'm fresh and alert.

I usually take 1 hour or 2 hour naps after school if I'm exhausted from the day. But often I find that I wake up feeling even more drowsy. I've asked around, and this seems to be the case with a lot of people. I'm interested in the science behind it.

My advice is to try a power nap! These REALLY work! If you are/were a skeptic like me, just try it.

15 minutes minimum, 25 minutes maximum, up to three times during your homework time could really improve your efficiency!
That's it for now, folks!


photo credit: prevention magazine


5 comments:

  1. 20 minutes is my normal power-nap time :)
    it does wonders, and works much better than 2-4 hour naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I take a 2 hour nap, I just want to sleep ad sleep forever! =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha I don't know if I ever told you about my sleeping habits. But especially last year, I would come home and take a nap until like 8-9ish, eat dinner, and then start my homework at 9 and stay awake until like 1-2. Whenever I took a nap, I always said I was going to sleep for like 5 minutes and turned into 3 hours. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. i can never nap! idk why even though people say its so helpful...

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahah i knowwww
    it feels so nice!
    unless it goes for more than an hour and then you dont want to wake up haha

    ReplyDelete